Open source software and innovation. Presentation made on August 3, 2009 at the 3rd Jena Summer Academy on “Innovation and Uncertainty”. How much innovation is there in open source software? How efficient is the open-source development model? Could open source software be a threat to innovation, or does it rather support and accelerate proprietary innovation?
- Enterprises flocking to open source software (v3.co.uk)
- The Wonderful World of Open Source: Academic Research Software (brighthub.com)
- Competitive Benefits Drive Businesses to Open Source (pcworld.com)
- Open Source Hardware Moves Toward the Mainstream (ostatic.com)
- The Economics of Commercial Open Source (visitmix.com)